What We Do
Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Justia's mission is to advance the availability of legal resources for the benefit of society. We are especially focused on making primary legal materials and community resources free and easy to find on the Internet. The company provides Internet users with free case law, codes, regulations, legal articles and legal blog and twitterer databases, as well as additional community resources. Justia works with educational, public interest and other socially focused organizations to bring legal and consumer information to the online community.
Justia provides premium Web site, blogging and online marketing solutions to help law firms optimize their marketing budget and provide their clients with an increased level of information and service. Learn more about Justia's Online Marketing Solutions.
Justia is headquartered in Mountain View, California, and has offices in San Jose, San Francisco and Saltillo.
- Tim Stanley
- Chief Executive Officer
- Tim is a computer programmer, lawyer and CEO of Justia. Prior to starting Justia, he co-founded FindLaw and served as FindLaw's CEO and Chairman. He is on the Board of Directors of Nolo and American Legal Net, and is on the Board of Trustees of Public.Resource.org. He is a member of the State Bar of California and was previously on the Executive Committee of the State Bar's Law Practice Management and Technology Section. He is also a member of the American Association for Justice, American Bar Association, American Civil Liberties Union, Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility and the Electronic Frontier Foundation. Tim has a BS & MS from Stanford University and a JD from the University of Michigan Law School.
- Stacy Stern
- Stacy Stern is President of Justia. She oversees all revenue and client operations, as well as marketing and partnerships. She provides leadership on Justia's legal portal's legal content and community features. Previously, she co-founded FindLaw in 1995 and was the President of that company until its acquisition by West Publishing in 2001. She is a member of the State Bar of California, Legal Marketing Association, and the American Bar Association. Stacy graduated Phi Beta Kappa from Stanford University with an AB in communication. She received her JD from Harvard Law School, where she served as an editor for the Harvard Environmental Law Review.
- Vasu Kappettu
- Chief Operating Officer & Chief Technology Officer
- As Chief Technology Officier, Vasu leads the technology development and innovation efforts for Justia's portal and client services products. Prior to Justia, Vasu was Manager and Senior Software Engineer at FindLaw, and was FindLaw's first full time programmer. At FindLaw, she led teams on numerous projects on the portal and for clients services. She played a key role in communicating between different divisions at FindLaw. She was also very actively involved in the IT process and played key role in major infrastructure set-up/changes. Prior to FindLaw, Vasu worked at Tektronix's Color Printing and Imaging Division as an engineer. She was also lecturer at NMAM Institute of Technology, teaching various computer engineering subjects. She has a Masters of Technology from Mysore University and Bachelor of Engineering from Mangalore University both in Computer Engineering.
- David Potts
- Vice President, Human Resources & Administration
- David is a seasoned Human Resource executive with more than 18 years of management experience. He has a proven track record for creating fundamentally sound and strategically aligned HR department both domestically and internationally. David is responsible for the Human Resource, Accounting and Administrative functions for the Company globally. Prior to Justia David was at Bridgelux, an LED lighting manufacturer, where he served as Director of Human Resources and was responsible for creating the Company's Human Resources department. Prior to Bridgelux, David was Director of Global Human Resources for FocusFrame, an IT consulting Company, where he created and oversaw the Human Resources department for the Company which had offices in the United States, Mexico, the United Kingdom and the Netherlands. FocusFrame was acquired in 2006 by Hexaware Technologies and David played an instrumental role in the global integration. David had also previously been in senior level Human Resource positions at Tiburon, Inc., Thomson-West, FindLaw which was acquired by the Thomson Corporation and Kobe Precision. David holds an MBA and BBA from Southwestern Oklahoma State University and an AA from Chabot College.
For updates on Justia's services, please subscribe to justia-friends. Thanks!